1.06.2011

Meet our 4th DIY Custom Blog Design Contest Judge!

Our 4th Guest Judge is Laura Jane
 
Where do you live?
Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Are you Single, Married, have Kids?
Married for 4 and a half years and we have one 18 month old son, Mason, that keeps me constantly on my toes. *runs to take scissors out of his chubby hands... again*

How long have you been a Blog Designer?
Since June 2010 (I'm still fresh meat)

How did you get into Blog Design? 
I had been blogging consistently since January and wanted something new and fresh for my own blog. I was a stay at home mama at the time and extra $ for a blog design just wasn't something we had laying around. I took it upon myself to use Google and a book from the library to learn some HTML and CSS fun, played around with digital scrapbook kits on GIMP, and found my niche.

Is Designing Blogs your only job?
Right now, no. I work full time at a pediatrician's office on weekdays. Blog Designing is my moonlight position, though I am actively seeking for it to be my full time job. And being a work-at-home mama is the main reason I decided to start designing blogs for others. We're working through the Dave Ramsey money makeover plan to pay off ridiculous amounts of debt so I can be home with my kids.

What is your designing program of choice?
GIMP and Photoshop Elements. I also use ColourLovers for color scheme inspiration. (GIMP is an awesome kept secret. Totally free software online and when I've used exclusively until just last month).

Show off your favorite blog design that you have done, what is the URL?
Does my blog count? lol (www.callmelaurajane.com) I swear I'm not trying to plug, but it truly is my all time favorite.


Wild Card Questions:

If you were an animal what kind of animal would you be?
If I were an animal I would be a Golden Retriever. Because I love them, I am fiercely loyal, and love catching ducks. Actually, scratch the duck catching part...

What was the last movie you went to see?
Little Fockers. Not as good as Meet the Parents, but worth the $8.50 movie ticket. =)

What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
A few gallons of milk- my son and I can kill a gallon each in less than a week, SWEET tea (with Splenda, of course), applesauce packs... and some funny looking tupperware containers that have been shoved back there for who knows how long. I'll admit it- I throw those things away before I open them and clean them.

What is the last book you read?
Master of Swords. (LOL) I'm a closet paranormal romance freak. I will read any paranormal of fantasy genre romance I can get my fingers on, with a few historic romance novels thrown in here and there. I saw one on the shelves in passing just last weekend called Must Love Kilts. Not gonna lie- I would totally read that. When no one else is looking.

What is your favorite color?
Blue.
 
No, green.

No... grey.

No, blue. yeah.


Any advise for the DIY Blog Designer?
My advice is to never be afraid to ask someone for help. Google anything you have a question on and be specific. Really utilize free help, like Makin' Cute Blogs, April Showers, and soon, myself for free tutorials and design resources. Oh- and less is more. Always. =)



Our DIY Custom Blog Design Contest is coming up fast, you only have until this Sunday to enter!  CLICK HERE for details and to enter!  **If you aren't done yet, you can still enter now, no Judging will happen until January 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails