1.07.2011

Meet our 5th DIY Custom Blog Design Contest Judge, Me!

I know that I am not the best about blogging about myself, so I thought that I would take a second to introduce myself, hopefully you guys can get to know me better, and in the future, hopefully I will be better about writing a bit more about myself!

My full name is Carolynn Reynolds.  Design Forte is my main business, I Love My Blog Makeover and Makin' Cute Blogs are my side thing.

Where do you live?
Heber City, Utah (temporarily, my hubby is looking at a few different schools right now, all out of state!  It makes me nervous but excited, I have never lived outside of Utah, how sad right?)

Are you Single, Married, have Kids?
Married for 5 years, holy COW!  Time flies when you are having fun!  I have 2 beautiful kids, a daughter (Kaiya) that is 2 1/2 years, and a son (Bennett) that is 8 months old.  Yes, they are the cuties that appear in all of my tutorials :)  (the pic above is a little outdated, notice that my daughter is only 8-9months there, I just don't like any pics of me since, haha, well I don't like pics of me period)

How long have you been a Blog Designer?
Blog Designer, well since October of 2009.

How did you get into Blog Design? 
I never actually intended to get into blog design at all.  I have been doing graphic design (mainly print work) for about 7 years now, and a few years ago, my sister-in-law wanted me to start a blog so that she could see what my family was up to and how my pregnancy was going (I was prego with my daughter at the time).  So I started a blog, I didn't like how it looked, and I noticed people using "The Cutest Blog on the Block" backgrounds, so I browsed through her stuff, didn't like it (I am just picky, not that her stuff isn't nice), and I wanted something unique.  So I started making my own backgrounds.  My friends and family asked me to start make ones for them, so on my spare time, I started "I Love My Blog Makeover".  (It's a mess right now by the way, it is under major construction)  Anyway, by doing that, a few people just started asking me if I would do custom blogs from seeing my backgrounds (I didn't even advertise custom blog designs at the time).  From there it was history.

Is Designing Blogs your only job?
Full-Time Mom, Part-Time Blog Design, Part-Time Freelance Graphic Design, Part-Time Blogger.  Am I overwhelmed, haha, YES!  But I can't help it, I love it all, so I try to do it all.

What is your designing program of choice?
By FAR Adobe Illustrator, then InDesign (for Freelance print work), then Photoshop, DreamWeaver, and starting to learn Flash a little.

Show off your favorite blog design that you have done, what is the URL?
http://www.paisleyblooms.com/  I LOVED how this one turned out, the custom illustration was oh so fun to make, I wish it were mine!  It makes me want to make me a new illustration.  I also love how clean and simple it turned out.  Here are a few others that I love:  http://www.lifeofthebees.com/     http://sunkissedmama.blogspot.com/      http://www.smallbatchtravel.com/ (love how simple this one was)


Wild Card Questions:


If you were an animal what kind of animal would you be?
Zebra!  Can't help but love the black and white stripes!

What was the last movie you went to see?
Harry Potter 7 (can't help it, I love them!)

What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
LOTS!  We in my parent's basement (Sad I know! Good thing it is very temporary) and my mom has an issue about wasting food, like it is a sin to put spoonful of leftovers in the garbage, unless it has gone bad, so there is always a BUFFET of options in the fridge.

What is the last book you read?
ummmm..... read?  Love reading, but it just doesn't fit in the schedule much.  But the last book, was the Book of Mormon, YES, I am a Mormon, and we aren't crazy :)  Find out more about Mormons HERE.

What is your favorite color? 
Turquoise Blue and Pink and Brown.... together :)

Any advise for the DIY Blog Designer?

Jump in, and don't be afraid of HTML, it won't bite (I used to think it would).  Before blog design, I worked for a Sign Shop, a Magazine, and a large Business, everything NOT web.  I was sooooo scared of anything web, but I am all self-taught.  So if I can do it, anybody can!  Plus, I am here to help!



Our DIY Custom Blog Design Contest is coming up fast, you only have until this Sunday to enter!  CLICK HERE for details and to enter!  **If you aren't done yet, you can still enter now, no Judging will happen until January 10th.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am actually getting ready to across this information, It's very helpful for this blog.Also great with all of the valuable information you have Keep up the good work you are doing well.
    SAP FICO Training in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails