1.11.2011

Meet our 6th and Final DIY Custom Blog Design Contest Judge!

Our 6th Guest Judge is Amanda Padgett


Where do you live?
Rural South Carolina

Are you Single, Married, have Kids?
Married with four kids ages 12-5

Tell us about your blog.
I have two blogs, Beautiful Blog Designs and Everyday Elements. Beautiful Blog Designs (BBD) is a resource for bloggers to find free, premade or custom designs by various designers, as well as find tips and tutorials on blogging and social media. Everyday Elements is about photography and Photoshop Elements, with free tutorials and actions and also online workshops.

When did you start it? 
I started BBD in January of 2009 and Everyday Elements in May of 2010, although the blog side of it did not start until September, 2010.

Is your blog your job, if so, is it your only job?
Yes, both BBD and Everyday Elements are jobs for me, but I also do the online workshops for Photoshop Elements and photography.


Wild Card Questions:


What was the last movie you went to see?
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1

What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
A milk carton with no top on it because my 5 yo took it off and lost it.

What is the last book you read?
Read with my eyeballs? LOL Harry Potter book 7. But, I listen to a lot of audio books. Life with four kids, homeschooling and an online business does not leave me a lot of sit down time to read, so I am a member of Audible and get audio books instead.

What is your favorite color? 
Purple

Any advise for the DIY Blog Designer?

Think simple but attractive. Pay attention to load time, use a navigation or menu bar to help your readers find information, create an about page, constantly view your blog as if you’re a new visitor and improve on things you find are confusing or distracting.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails